Monday, October 10, 2005

Liberal Hypocrisy

I keep hearing liberals talking about paying one's "fair share" of taxes. Of course that means that the more money you make, the higher rate you pay in taxes, offset by a mountain of potential deductions and exemptions that one can claim. I don't see how this is fair at all. If anything, everyone should be paying the same rate, without any deductions whatsoever. Pennsylvania's state tax is set up this way, and doesn't attract much protest from those seeking to steal from the "rich" to achieve "social justice".

However, on the federal level, any attempt to enact a flat tax is met with howls of protest. As per standard class warfare tactics, conservatives are characterized as being heartless, uncompassionate monsters who want to make bread with the blood of poor children. These protests are are loudly propagated by wealthy liberals. If rich liberals actually cared about the poor, then they should put their money where their mouths are and fork over their own money, rather than make other people pay. These rich liberals have the gall to say we're not being taxed enough while taking advantage of favorable tax laws to reduce their own tax liability. This is the crux of liberalism: make other people pay for what you want. Here's a couple ways for those who think we're not being taxed enough to rectify the situation, and prove they're not as heartless as "evil conservatives".

How do you make a contribution to reduce the debt?

There are two ways for you to make a contribution to reduce the debt:

You can make a contribution online either by credit card, checking or savings account at

You can write a check payable to the Bureau of the Public Debt, and in the memo section, notate that it's a Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public. Mail your check to:

Attn Dept G
Bureau of the Public Debt
P. O. Box 2188
Parkersburg, WV 26106-2188

How do I make a contribution to the U.S. government?

Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

No comments:

Post a Comment